Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekend Recap!


In my aforementioned post, we celebrated our anniversary this weekend by heading down to San Francisco. It's one of our favorite cities, and it's so close by. Wonderful for a weekend getaway. :)

Golden Gate Bridge

We started out in the Marina District and wandered around the cute shops and saw more dogs and Patagonia gear than I thought possible. Definitely the place I belong should I ever live in the city! Of course they had a doggie store, and we picked up a peanut butter bon bon for Tobers. He LOVED it!

I had been craving a cupcake for about a month, and was super excited to try out a bakery I heard so much about, Kara's Cupcakes. Kara did not disappoint. I had the peanut butter/chocolate and Mr. Awesome had the lemoney lemon. We shared of course and it was delicious!

Kara was on "Cupcake Wars!"

After walking around for a little more, we headed over to the Palace Hotel-gorgeous! (For Home Alone fans, this is the SF version!) We took the scenic route and tried to go down Lombard Street (Most Crooked Street in the World!) but that was a mistake. Literally cars were lined up for miles. Not that important to us! 

The Palace Hotel, San Francisco

For dinner, we went to this amazing Greek restaurant called Kokkari. To die for! We ordered two appetizers because we heard so many great things. We had the calamari stuffed with Greek cheese and zucchini cakes. Highly recommended! We also shared a bottle of the Pezzi King Cabernet and it was amazing. All in all a wonderful meal! 

Kokkari is in the Financial District

Then we headed to a bar that our friend from college bartends at. He is very passionate about mixology and created a secret menu for his regulars. I had a "1454" which all I know had strawberries and fresh basil in it. Delicious! He made a Schnoebsmash for Mr. Awesome, and had some sort of whiskey in it. I liked it obviously. If you live in the area, check out Savoy Tivoli and ask for Kyle with the 'stache. You won't be disappointed.


Sunday we slept in, had lunch and did some shopping. Wonderful way to spend our 1st Anniversary together! Cheers to marriage!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! You live close to SF? I live north of Sacramento in a REALLY small town. We just moved there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fun weekend! So jealous you live so close, the hubby and I would love to check out that city! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Happy (belated) Anniversary. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!