Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes


I finally got the urge to make these delicious sounding cupcakes on Friday night. I blogged about it awhile ago, but have been so busy I didn't have the time to make them.

I will say they didn't turn out the way I'd hoped. The cupcake recipe itself was to DIE for. So yummy, and I think it was the addition of Olive Oil instead of butter. Could be wrong, but these were really moist and rose perfectly. 

The glaze is another story. I think I made it to early, and added too much Champagne. Whoopsie. Instead of being a glaze, it kind of just soaked the top and made it spongy. Next time I'll add less Champagne and wait until the very last second to make the glaze.

Maybe a whipped cream frosting would be delicious too???? Too many ideas, too little time.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Freeport Bakery's champagne cake? It's to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!