I made these for the second time last night, and they keep getting better and better! They turn out really flavorful, and are super easy. I omit the cilantro and scallions in the mix, but add about 1 cup chopped white onion. Delish! Let me know if you try it out and what you think. Happy eating!
Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
| Course: main meals |
POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|These sesame-teriyaki burgers are super flavorful — even more so when topped with grilled scallions.|
|1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground turkey|
|1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp minced garlic|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce|
|1/4 cup(s) scallion(s), chopped|
|2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped|
|1 large egg white(s)|
|2 spray(s) cooking spray|
|8 medium scallion(s), root ends trimmed|
|4 item(s) reduced-calorie hamburger roll(s)|
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, oil, teriyaki sauce, scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix until just combined. Make four burgers, about 3/4-inch-thick each.
- Offheat, coat both sides of burgers with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions. Yields 1 burger per serving.