Monday, January 17, 2011

Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats!


I found a fantastic recipe for homemade dog treats. We like to eat things without preservatives...why shouldn't our pets?! This was super easy, and I actually had everything on hand. It says to bake for 40 minutes, but my Prince likes his treats a little chewy...I did 20 minutes, added extra peanut butter and a little more cinnamon. Enjoy!!!!

Ingredients:

2 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 Eggs
1/2 C canned pumpkin
2 TBSP Peanut Butter (I added 2 more!)
1/2 TSP Salt
1/2 TSP Ground Cinnamon (I added another 1/2)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk together ingredients in large bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but dough should be dry and stiff. (We used our hands to knead!)
3. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into pieces. (I used a tiny heart cookie cutter for my little one. Bigger dogs might like a larger portion.) :)
4. Bake until hard, about 40 minutes. (I did 20 for a softer treat)
5. Enjoy!

(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)




2 comments:

  1. how sweet!!! i need to make these for my pup, he loves treats :) and treats are kinda spendy for the "good ones", i'd much rather bake him some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar would like to place an order for MORE!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!