Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Magnolia/Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcakes!

I tried out something new and was pretty scared! Red Velvet cupcakes were very foreign to me, but also so Christmasy! I had to try it.

For Mr. Awesome's Christmas Party, I had to step up my game. The search began for the Perfect Recipe! I started my search with my fellow baker friend, The Girl Kyle and saw she had a modified Magnolia Bakery recipe...yes, the famous one in NYC! I did some Googling and found the perfect mix based on everything I read...Magnolia Bakery Cupcake with Sprinkles Cupcake Frosting. The Magnolia frosting had a buttercream recipe and I decided the cream cheese sounded more decadent. 

I was right! These turned out amazing, albeit time consuming! Cupcakes were a hit and I definitely solidified my place as Favorite Wife in Mr. Awesome's eyes. :)

P.s. Any suggestions on getting the same amount of batter in each tin????

1 comment:

I love your comments!