Monday, November 16, 2009

Baking with Mom







So my Mom has been telling me for years that I need to learn how to make a pie crust. Since I have lots of fun toys for the kitchen now that I was able to register, it makes cooking and baking much less painful.




So this Sunday (during boring Football), she made the trek down from Auburn to teach me her tricks. I also thought this would be a perfect time to make the Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffin recipe I found online. She even brought her very own matching apron!




The muffins turned out amazing, minus one little blunder. I was only supposed to put half of the batter in, then the cream cheese, then the rest of the batter. I MAY have forgotten to do that. Bless her heart, she scooped out half of the batter and we then proceeded to put the filling inside. It still wasn't as deep as I would have liked but still turned out amazing! Very moist and delicious. The crumb topping doesn't hurt either. Mmmm.
The pie crust turned out amazing, but the cherry part didn't work out so well. We used the canned cherry pie filling and I think less of the liquid would have been better. It's still delicious though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!